Home | Forums | Anything Arnel | The Range Place 2.0: AP's Vocal Range

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Fabbest Fabbest 1 year ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

seven
    Participant

http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t2676-arnel-pineda
    Arnel Pineda

Post Iamnotafraid65 Last edited on Feb 26 2015

Born: September 5, 1967

Voice type: High Tenor
    Sung range: C♯3-C6

Significant high notes:
    C6 (“Sayang”)
    F5 (“Wheel In The Sky”)
    E5 (“Stairway To Heaven” live, “Sayang”, “Freebird”, “Too Satisfied”, “Wildest Dream”, “She’s A Mystery”)
    E♭5 (“Problema”, “Chain Of Love”)
    D5 (“Sayang”, “Freebird”, “So Wrong”, “Manhid”, “Too Satisfied”, “Wheel In The Sky”, “Tantra”, “To Whom It May Concern”, “Don’t Stop Believin'” live)
    C♯5 (“Freebird”, “City Of Hope”, “Edge Of The Moment”, Chain Of Love”, “Resonate”, “Don’t Stop Believin'” live)
    C5 (“Problema”, “Stairway To Heaven” live, “Too Satisfied”, “Wheel In The Sky”, “Chain Of Love”, “Tantra”)
    B4 (“Sayang”, “Freebird”, “So Wrong”, “Manhid”, “Too Satisfied”, “Wildest Dream”, “City Of Hope”, “Edge Of The Moment”, “Chain Of Love”, “Tantra”, “Anything Is Possible”, “Resonate”, “She’s A Mystery”, “To Whom It May Concern”, “Don’t Stop Believin'” live)
    B♭4 (“So Wrong”, “Chain Of Love”, “Edge Of The Moment”, “Wildest Dream”)
    A4 (“Sayang”, “Freebird”, “Too Satisfied”, “Wildest Dream”, “Wheel In The Sky”, “City Of Hope”, “Tantra”, “Anything Is Possible”, Resonate”, “To Whom It May Concern”, “Life Is A Highway”, “This Christmas”)

Significant low notes:

B3 (“This Christmas”, “Don’t Stop Believin'” live)
    A3 (“This Christmas”)
    G3 (“Life Is A Highway” live)
    F♯3 (“Sayang”, “So Wrong”, “Edge Of The Moment”, “Tantra”, “Resonate”)
    F3 (“Gimik”)
    E3 (“Sayang”, “So Wrong”, “Too Satisfied”, “City Of Hope”, “Tantra”, “To Whom It May Concern”)
    E♭3 (“Life Is A Highway” live)
    D3 (“Sayang”)
    C♯3 (“Life Is A Highway” live)
    ……………………………………………….
    *Purple marks notes in backing vocals or otherwise muffled/obscured in the song mix.
    *Italics mark non-melodic notes.

celadonia
    celadonia
    Participant

Thanks seven. Pardon my ignorance but is that arranged from highest to lowest note? Like C6 is higher than the ones below?

I wonder on this one. Arnel singing with Jed Madela on ASAP singing Knocking on Heaven’s Door. It’s a throat busting performance by both!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsXpPBXHlJs

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Yes, C6 is on the higher end. Sample vocal ranges of famous singers (Click to see larger version):

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

celadonia
    celadonia
    Participant

Awesome find Fabb. Always wanted to find what that note is on Chain of Love.

celadonia
    celadonia
    Participant

What’s this note at 3:12?

As for low notes, I can’t find the video of Arnel singing The Clash’s Should I Stay or Should I Go at Rockville. He also broke the light bulb, no not because of his voice but because he hit it with the mic stand accidentally while twirling around the stage. lol

celadonia
    celadonia
    Participant

And this recent one by the way. The falsetto part. whew!

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

What’s this note at 3:12?

That’s a D5, a step lower than the E5 here:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.