Home | Forums | Femily Fun | Introduce Yourself

This topic contains 42 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Marisag196 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

MARY
    Participant

Welcome Bonnie! So happy for you on your first Journey concert. You’ll love it, I promise. Journey concerts are so much fun. Get your favorite songs ready and sing along. I was in town and attended the concert in St Louis Sept of 2008. Wow, it doesn’t seem like that was that long ago LOL. 21,000 in attendance. It was awesome! Have fun!

coley716
    coley716

Welcome Bonnie!!! It’s very exciting to hear that this will be your first Journey concert. You will have to come back here and let us know what you thought!!!!

eb2008
    eb2008
    Participant

Noticing so many new peeps so please introduce yourself….

Michelle
    Participant

😀

Minda
    Participant

For the new peeps, I am reintroducing myself. My name is Minda from Toronto. In 2008 I came across Arnel when my Jamaican boss asked us in the office before our weekly meeting if we have heard the song After All These Years by Journey. She said she get goosebumps every time she listens to it. At that time, we can still access You Tube in the office. As soon as the meeting is over, we all ran and listen to the song. Without knowing who the vocalist was, one of my officemate on her lunchbreak went and order the CD from Amazon and told us the lead singer looks like Asian. When I got home I research further and I bought my own CD and fell in love with all the songs. And that’s the start of my love affair with Arnel’s incredible voice. Unfortunately, I only have been to Journey concert once and that was last year. I already advised my kids and husband, the only gift I want on Mother’s Day, Birthday and Christmas is a VIP Journey ticket.

Maria
    Participant

Hi everyone! Maria here from Toronto. I’ve known about Arnel for many moons now (can you tell how ” young” I am by that statement huh?) I bought his DVD early this year after having watch it through Rogers On Demand! I wasn’t contented watching it once only so I went looking for it at the Eaton Centre and to my joy, the salesclerk found it after searching for more than 1/2 an hour! You folks have no idea the number of times I’ve watched it. It travelled to the Phils for my family to watch it and Im so glad it came back to my possession after 3 wks! It’s my “weekly vitamin.” Went to June 19th concert in Toronto and proudly wearing a Journey tshirt which my bro had ordered for me. I am constantly checking everything about Journey & moreso about Arnel. My family thinks I should get this AP addiction checked & lucky for me, no available rehab centre for this type of “addiction” -do I really want to be cured? NO WAY!!!

rkelly1969
    rkelly1969
    Participant

Hi…Rkelly here. Just joined the group though a long time fan since 2008 in Dubai. I was at the Kaindustriya (Oct 15); saw and had a few photo with AP. He’s really great! First time to have a personal photo with him. Big thanks to his assistant (AP’s classmate; sorry didn’t catch her name)for letting us get inside the dressing room and even took our photo. Thanks much! Always be safe and God bless you always!!! Keep on rockin’ AP!!!

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Minda – very cool story about your boss and discovering AP through her!
    Maria – welcome; I have been to Eaton Centre; it’s tough to find a copy now, glad you found one!
    rkelly – thanks for sharing your unique opportunity to meet AP recently! Yay!

Val-entine
    Participant

Hello! I’m new to this website but not a new to Arnel’s magical voice and definitely not new to Journey! Just wanted to say I’m a huge fan of Arnel’s and I’ve been reliving my youth with my favorite band Journey because of Arnel. I kinda lost interest when Steve Perry left the band to be honest. But when I heard Arnel sing, I had the same “Holy Crap” reaction to his voice as I did the first time I heard Steve Perry. Journey was my band in high school (Class of ’81). I lived in Iowa & most Journey shows were played in big cities 2-3 hours from home so I never got to see/hear Steve Perry live. Now that I live in Los Angeles, I’ve been able to see Journey several times since Arnel joined the band and I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to see this band in all it’s glory. With Arnel on the microphone, Journey is destined for great things. This band should be in the rock & roll hall of fame, just sayin’. But the reality is . . . this band will go down in history as one of the greatest bands of its era, hall of fame or not. I seriously love this band and can’t thank Arnel enough for what he brings to it. Amazing voice . . HOLY COW!!!!!!

PS – HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARNEL!

Bfbgnhvj
    Participant

Hello eveybody..I’m new here….hope have a good time at this forum

cyn7274
    Participant

Welcome to Arnel’s site. We hope you have a great time here too.

Derek Hopper
    Participant

Hi all im Derek from the u.k. Has anyone got a contact for arnel. Im married to Denise with 2 kids, Clare and Daniel. Also a daugter in law, Katie..  Not forgetting my new grand daughter, Isabelle. Oh also Charlie the dog, a cavalier king charles spaniel! I live in Seaham, 7 miles south of Sunderland near the coast. Goodd to meet everyone.

Marisag196
    Participant

Hi all, I´m from Argentina. Maybe my english isn´t very well. I saw Journey in Buenos Aires,
    Luna Park, 2011. I hope they come back someday. I have been follow some of you in Twitter.
    I thank you all because I hear of all the news about AP instantly, thanks to you.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.