Home | Forums | Femily Fun | Introduce Yourself

This topic contains 42 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Marisag196 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    ErinMarie_78
    ErinMarie_78
    Participant

Hello fellow Journey fans! I’m Erin. I was born and raised in Hershey, Pennsylvania. I’ve always been a huge fan. Just saw Arnel for the first time in concert here a few weeks ago- AMAZING!!! I’ve already chatted with some of you, and can’t wait to meet more friends! 🙂

JenaIsle
    JenaIsle
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m so glad you have created a thread where we can introduce ourselves. I’m JenaIsle (Jean too) from the Philippines. I came to know about Arnel just early this year because of an aunt in Wyoming who informed me that she and her family had watched Journey with a new Filipino lead singer.

It’s unbelievable that I have not heard of him here in 2007, when he was catapulted to fame, locally and internationally. I blame this on the hectic schedule I have had in the university where I currently teach in. I was also an ignoramus about all Internet stuff during that time. 🙁 (I began using the Internet in 2008)

I became curios about Arnel and searched for him online. I came across his YouTube video. After hearing the first, I got hooked and listened to countless more, until I had watched all the videos of him available online. I don’t know if this ever happened to any of you, but Arnel’s voice is “addictive” (in a good way), I can’t last a day without listening to him, and I’m not exactly young. It is the first time that this happened to me. :ap_smile:

When I discovered this site, I tried to visit it regularly, sometimes even thrice a day, to watch new videos and read new posts. I write about entertainment news in my own blog, but I always look forward to writing news articles about Arnel. His story is truly inspiring to anyone, and I always find a way to share his good news to people around me.

While I work in school and at home, I listen to him, over and over. Today, I played “Turn Down the World Tonight”, perhaps, 25 times. I love all his songs in the “Revelation” CD, and of course, the old hits. Arnel lends a totally unique tone to the songs. He’s incredible. One thing I like most about him is his humility amidst all his fame and fortune. I wish I could meet him in person one day, and have a picture taken with him.

So, there you are. Thanks for allowing me to ramble. This space is not enough to express my admiration for our rockstar. May I join your group and be a certified Arnel’s Plokker and ‘femily?’

coley716
    coley716

I want to welcome everyone here again. So glad that you found your way to us and that you each have your own unique way of discovering Arnel. If you haven’t already figured it out, we are all femily here and Arnel is the glue that binds us all together. We come from all walks of life but are fortunate enough to share a common bond that seals us all together. Feel free to navigate your way around. If you need any help or have any questions any of the mods (coley, fabbest, toni and gigi) can help you, as well as other seasoned plokkers. Welcome again and get ready for the ride.

Plokkers RIDE!!!

Luchie
    Participant

Hello to all Arnel Pineda and Journey fans! Live, love and laugh.

Luchie
    Participant

Good night to all and Mabuhay Arnel and Journey!

Alona Mira
    Participant

Hi my name is Alona I’m Filipina/American. I leave in New Mexico. I saw Arnel 3x here in Albuquerque. Meet him and the group twice but in 8/26 we didn’t see him. Somebody giving away.sticker we didn’t know. It’s OK we are at front and shook his hand. My boyfriend and I enjoyed that show.

MARY
    Participant

Hello! I’ve been a fan of Arnel since 2007. For those of you who know me from my older posts, I was not a fan of Journey (sorry). At the time my aunts and uncles sort of rubbed off their music preferences on me and so I didn’t really know much about Journey growing up. What I remembered was we detested Open Arms as cringe worthy and the radio were turned off or changed to a different channel if that detested song was ever on LOL. That was the extent of my exposure to Journey music.

Fast forward to the ever changing landscapes of music and to 2007 when one Sunday morning a story about Arnel came up. I watched the show. I was hooked. For many of us at the time, we were comparing notes in our posts how we were affected by Arnelitis and why we were on the board often. A lot, actually.

I googled as many times as everyone else about Arnel’s former band The Zoo, and of course, Journey. Yep, with so many choices in bands and music, you could live most of your life not having really listened to Journey. That changed since Arnel became their frontman. I became a fan and bought their music, gave away their CDs as gifts and went to their concert.

I don’t post nearly as much (current job takes a lot of my time the last 4 years and watching NBA games take time, too) but have stayed as a fan. I’ve been to the theater and watched Arnel’s documentary film and will give away the movie for Christmas gifts to family and friends.

I still listen and watch other bands music and concerts (hey I am sure Arnel has many favorites as well) but Arnel will always be special. His rags to riches story is inspiring, his talent is real and I wish him the best for many years to come. And, I’ll be a fan for many years to come. Cheers!

celadonia
    celadonia
    Participant

Same here Mary. Just like you Arnel got me into Journey. There was not much exposure for me to the band before Arnel as there are also too many bands here too including local ones that are played regularly on the airwaves.

Dawn
    Participant

Hi everyone my name is dawn, I think arnel has a lot of fan support and I think that is great. He is truly a remarkable young man when he sings he can make you smile that is a truly rare gift the love he has for family, friends, fans, and his people is a beautiful thing indeed. May you all support him always. And God bless you all and keep you safe. Yours faithfully, dawn.

Dawn
    Participant

Hi everyone my name is dawn, I think arnel has a lot of fan support and I think that is great. He is truly a remarkable young man when he sings he can make you smile that is a truly rare gift the love he has for family, friends, fans, and his people is a beautiful thing indeed. May you all support him always. And God bless you all and keep you safe. Yours faithfully, dawn.

arlyn
    arlyn
    Participant

Hello everyone, im arlyn..a big fan of AP here in KSA, I’m happy i found this site to know more about AP and his whereabouts.Seen all of his videos in you tube but i just can’t get enough. Hope to see him on my vacation on july in the Phils. Happy to be one of the Plokkers! AP forever! Mabuhay!

Jerr
    Participant

Heyz all I’m Jerr from Murdo, South Dakota. I am a long time Journey fan, I guess you could say my soul belongs to Journey, the vocals always strip every bit of lifes walls from me, rips my heart from me and causes me to become a vulnerable entity of flowing feelings. to Arnel, thank you for sharing your amazing vocals, and being the person that you are. Your voice, your humanity, your history and your humble attitude are all a part of this complete package that make me believe you will become a great inspiration for so many people.
    Safe Paths

Journey fan for life
    Jerr

Traci
    Participant

Hi! My name is Traci. I am an elementary school teacher in NY State…NOT NYC! ;o) I love what I do, but my real passion is music. My son is a gifted percussionist, and I play piano and sing. We played Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) at a variety show/fundraiser last year, which was incredible! I’ve loved Journey forever, but my love was rekindled with the addition of Arnel. What an entertainer with such incredible talent! I admire his drive to overcome his circumstances! I’m looking forward to seeing him perform in Saratoga Springs in June!

coley716
    coley716

Hi Traci!!!! So nice to meet you and I am glad that you found us here. I didn’t know there was a NY state outside of NYC. Hahaha just kidding!!!!!! Will this be your first Journey concert with Arnel?? You will have a great time. Hopefully June comes quick for you. I would love to see the video of you and your son playing Separate Ways if you have it. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of the plokkers on the site.

:ap_yeah:

Bonnie
    Participant

Hello everyone, my name is Bonnie. I am a retired Mother Baby nurse from Baton Rouge, La. I love music (all kinds) I have never before however been particularly interest in knowing more about musicians or groups personally. I am however an ardent fan of Public Television and happened on Arnel and his story with Journey on Independent Lens. Well! I was fascinated, entranced, captivated by Arnel Pineda and I loved the music and him. I rewatch Don’t Stop Believing frequently and my grandson and I dance around the kitchen! What an amazing young man Arnel is and what an impact he has made in this world. He is such a delight and seems to captivate and entertain his audience with his great talent and just seems to have such a good time doing it. I will go to my first Journey Concert in July in St. Louis! I am so very very excited! Thanks for allowing me to share, love to all.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.