Home | Forums | Anything Arnel | Everyman’s Journey – press, tweets and all

This topic contains 75 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by celadonia celadonia 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Jack Chua
    Jack Chua
    Participant

A heck of a documentary. I, and other travelers onboard a flight enjoyed it very much. Reminding each of us to get the copy of the film. Thanks much.
    Thanks to Noel too for painstakingly uploading those YT videos, even if it took him an all-niter. It paid off…big time. Cheers!

eb2008
    eb2008
    Participant

Congratulations! Toronto peeps delivered!

Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival
    And the votes are in! This year’s Reel Asian’s Samsung Audience Award goes to Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey! Congrats to director Ramona Diaz and her entire crew. Thanks to everyone who voted.

gigi

That is so cool, Ms D! Congratulations to all the believers! DSB!

celadonia
    celadonia
    Participant

At the end of it, Pineda fully expected to be thanked. And then to return home, satisfied that he’d lived his dream.

But his bandmates had another plan in mind…they offered him a permanent role as Journey’s lead singer. He became a full member of the legendary group (80 million records sold) and would receive 1/5 of all profit–exactly like the others. (Yes, the world has lots of decent, generous and good people in it).

Pineda continues to tour the world with Journey and has recorded a number of successful records with them. He has bought a home for his family, become a famous rock star and lives a life he never could have imagined.

The lesson for us: don’t stop believing. Ever.

…The impossible is generally the untried.

Che@SiNewsOnTheNet
    Che@SiNewsOnTheNet
    Participant

I have watched it for the sixth time already. Cyn and I were talking about parts of the film:
    1. Who is the Filipina lady around the 67:42 mark who made the banner that people were signing, as well as tshirts and posters even giving away glow-sticks?
    2. Who is the Filipina lady whispering to Arnel around the 79:18 mark who gave Arnel tshirts for him and Cherub, who said please wear the tshirt?
    3. What are your favorite parts of the film? (waterfalls!).
    4. And….girls, take note: Arnel says in the film that the biggest temptation is not drugs but the women going around (mga umaali-aligid sa kanya)! whoa. :ap_thumbsup: :ap_kiss: :heart: :daydream:

Toni
    Toni

2. That is Kelle aka Cala Lily on Facebook

Dutch
    Dutch
    Participant

still so happy to be able to watch the movie over and over again, and still happy to watch it on my own, since every time i watch it, i feel like a baby, it still makes me feel proud, but also feel my eir mata tumpa, ….cry

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Che@SiNewsOnTheNet wrote:
    1. Who is the Filipina lady around the 67:42 mark who made the banner that people were signing, as well as tshirts and posters even giving away glow-sticks?

That’s Pearlita Panlilio (also known as Maria Panlilio).

Teresa
    Participant

Arnel, I have to tell you have blessed me beyond measure through your music & your story over the several years or so. I lost my husband very suddenly & unexpectidly due to massive heart attack. We met latter in life & were so blessed to of found each other & then to have him taken from me after only 8 years together just about destroyed me. I was so devastated and did not want to even live with out him. a friend bought tickets to one of your concerts & insisted that I get up & go with her so I did & I was sooooooo blessed by your voice, I began to watch you over & over on u tube, I felt like you were my angle helping me with my grief every time I heard you. When I saw Every Mans Journey my heart ached for you but I felt that you were speaking to me, telling me that I must go on & keep believing!!! I now own the DVD & have watched it many many times, especially when I feel sorry for myself. I went to your concert in Tulsa last year at the Hard Rock, I was on the second row & so wanted to meet you. I have tickets again this year in KC Missouri this summer, but again I can’t afford the meet & greet tickets but ONE day Arnel, that is my prayer! To meet the man that has been such a blessing to me in my darkest hours!!! You have no idea how you have blessed me & inspired me.
    Please know how much you bless others~~~~~ I pray daily for your family & your homeland.
    God Bless you Arnel for all you do.
    Teresa Plowman

Fred
    Participant

To Teresa,

Arnel’s voice has a way of lifting somebody’s spirit up. My wife who is 63 just lost her job and nobody would hire her because of her age and heart condition. She has been depressed and since then she has been watching Arnel on You Tube everyday and has watched Everyman’s Journey umpteenth time. She has been listening to Arnel while cooking, cleaning. She says Arnel’s voice and story is therapeutic.

Teresa
    Participant

Fred,
    I so agree that Arnel’s voice always lifts my spirits, he is such an inspiration.
    Life is so hard sometimes & so unfair, Its good to see that good things do happen to people like Arnel. Please tell your wife I will be praying for her.

Fred
    Participant

Thank you so much Teresa!!!

Teresa
    Participant

Does Arnel ever really read these posts on here or answer them? Would love to hear from him.

Luchie
    Participant

I think he does read them sometimes, as I’ve seen/read some of his messages.

Luchie
    Participant

Arnel, good luck to your forthcoming tour this year. Best of health to you, Journey and your family.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.