Home | Forums | Anything Arnel | Everyman’s Journey – press, tweets and all

This topic contains 75 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by celadonia celadonia 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author

seven
    Participant

http://www.nola.com/tv/index.ssf/2013/09/dont_stop_believin_everymans_j.html
    ‘Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey’ debuts on PBS

By Dave Walker, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
    Email the author | Follow on Twitter
    on September 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Email

“Independent Lens: Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey” debuts on PBS. TV tweet of the day so far. TV Monday.

Arnel Pineda was singing in Filipino classic-rock cover bands when he was plucked through the Internet to become lead singer for the classic-rock cover-song-generating machine named Journey. As documented in “Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey,” airing at 9 p.m. Monday (Sept. 30) on WYES, this began in 2007, when Journey was looking for a replacement of the replacement of the replacement of its lead singer during its previously most commercially relevant era, Steve Perry.

Remarkably, amazingly, magically – and I really don’t like Journey’s music at all – Pineda has been fronting the band throughout its recent resurgence, which was sparked first by this documentary’s title song playing during “The Sopranos” finale and then stoked by the cover version in the “Glee” pilot.

As noted above, I don’t love Journey.

I love this documentary.

Guitarist Neal Schon was the Journeyman who found Pineda on YouTube. During the Summer TV Tour in Hollywood, I asked the other band members what they thought when their guitar player came to them with that bit of news.

“For me it was, ‘What? This sounds 
like a Cinderella story,’” said Ross Valory, bassist. “As it truly developed, as
 I got more details from Neal and from Jonathan
 about exactly how he was found, it’s almost too
 good to be true.”

Added keyboardist Jonathan Cain: “I guess I wondered if he
 spoke English, because I know there’s plenty of foreign singers (who) just learn the words phonetically, (but) they don’t actually have a language
 situation. But Neal assured me that he
 did. And, of course, seeing him on YouTube, I
 knew he was the real deal. There’s no manipulation at all. It was a live recording that
 his friend had posted, and they were all really,
 really great. So I was in concurrence with Neal.”

The resulting stroke of good YouTube luck has revived Journey’s market value as a performing and recording entity.

“Arnel
 has revitalized the interest in the band, also the
 energy,” Cain said. “He brings a special brand of lead-singer
 entertainment. He has his own style that he’s
 developed. I watched this guy come from Manila
 as a club singer turn into a rock star. And
 we’re real proud of him.”

celadonia
    celadonia
    Participant

“and bass player Randy Jackson, who occasionally prefaced his assessments with the words, “When I was with Journey . . . ”

:rofl:

eb2008
    eb2008
    Participant

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogstv/56940429-63/pineda-journey-lot-schon.html.csp

Review: Cinderella tale of Journey’s Filipino lead singer is fascinating
    Published on Sep 30, 2013 08:45PM

Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey (Monday, 9 p.m., PBS/Ch. 7) tells a story that would be impossible to believe if it wasn’t true.
    It’s the story of Arnel Pineda, a down-on-his luck Filipino singer who battled addiction, who nearly lost his family, who was about to quit the business. And then Neal Schon, the guitarist for the band Journey, saw Pineda on YouTube and found a new lead singer for the band.

It’s a little more complicated than that, but not a lot more. Which is pretty unbelievable.
    In 2007, the band was looking for a lead singer. They’d had a couple of others after Steve Perry left, but neither worked out in the long term.
    So Schon went on the Internet and started a search. Really.
    “I’d been looking non-stop,
    honestly, for two days, like, day and night, and I’d just about given up,” said Schon. He finally came across YouTube videos of Pineda and quickly decided, “This guy’s the real deal.
    I listened to him do everything in the genre from Led Zeppelin to Journey and
    everything in between. The Police, Aerosmith –
    which is not an easy voice to do either, Steven
    Tyler. Like I said, Robert Plant. And then a zillion other artists. And I thought I’ve
    never heard anybody that could really be such a
    chameleon and do it so authentically. And I was just taken aback by his talent.
    “The more videos I watched of Arnel — he had about
    40 of them up – the more I was just astounded.”
    But he had to find a way to get in contact with Pineda. And then the tough part was getting Pineda to believe this was for real.
    Pineda’s first reaction, not surprisingly, was, “This guy, he’s nuts. He’s crazy. He’s not real. This is a hoax. They’re just trying to scam me for money.”
    Schon and Pineda emailed. They talked on the phone. But Pineda still wasn’t altogether convinced and insisted on a face-to-face meeting over the Internet.
    “I didn’t even know how to use Skype,” Schon said. “I was very not into the Internet.”
    “And then I told my wife, ‘This guy’s crazy,'” Pineda said. “But then, he was really pretty persistent because …”
    “Crazy is good sometimes,” Schon interjected.
    It wasn’t as easy as that. It wasn’t easy to go from performing for a couple dozen people in a Manila bar to thousands at a Journey concert. And English was not Pineda’s primary language.
    Plus, the band’s fans didn’t all welcome Pineda with open arms.
    “Journey fans are avid Journey fans, and they love Steve Perry still,” said filmmaker Romana Diaz. “So there was a lot of that. But, on the other hand, there was a lot of racism because Journey is an all-American rock band. Right? And here’s this Asian guy fronting for Journey – unheard of. It was just a shock. And, yeah, a lot of that was racism. I mean, certainly, on the Internet, there was a lot of that.
    “He won them over.”
    There’s a lot more to this story. Which makes this film fascinating.
    If you sit down and start watching, you may not be able to stop.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by eb2008 eb2008.

seven
    Participant

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2013/03/14/vocalists-improbable-journey-seems-made-for-big-screen.html
    Vocalist Arnel Pineda’s improbable journey one of 20 films to be screened
    By Terry Mikesell
    The Columbus Dispatch Thursday March 14, 2013 10:01 AM

Before a concert, Arnel Pineda flops onto a backstage couch. “I’m living a fairy tale right now,” says an obviously tired Pineda, the new lead singer for Journey.

“Until now, everything for me, it’s not really happening. I’m just dreaming.”

The scene plays out in Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey (2012), the story of Pineda’s ride from obscurity in his native Philippines to rock stardom.

Beginning Friday, the film will be among the 20 movies screening as part of Columbus Documentary Week at the Gateway Film Center.

Filmmaker Ramona S. Diaz, who was born and raised in the Philippines, said by phone that Pineda’s story and personality inspired the project.“If he had gotten a gig in a lounge in Las Vegas,” she said, “it would have been an interesting story — but a different story.”

Pineda’s involvement with Journey dates from 2006 when, after a throat condition sidelined lead singer Steve Augeri, guitarist and bandleader Neal Schon spent months scouring the Internet for a replacement.

Late one night, Schon, almost out of options, clicked on one last YouTube link — and was floored by what he heard.

A Filipino cover band featured Pineda, a singer with a powerful voice in the tradition of Augeri and previous Journey singer Steve Perry.

“  ‘That’s the guy,’ I said to myself,” Schon said, “  ‘He’s the guy.’  ”

Schon called band member Jonathan Cain, who liked Pineda’s voice but wasn’t immediately sold: “I think the biggest concern of mine was: How do you take somebody from a Third World country and throw them into this circus. It’s a big circus, you know?”

The circus did catch Pineda off-guard. He was born Sept. 5, 1967, and, by age 5, was participating in singing contests. Then his mother died when Arnel was 13.Left penniless by medical bills, the family broke up. His three younger brothers ended up with relatives, but Arnel found himself living on the streets of Manila and crashing funerals to sing for his supper.

A few years later, Pineda joined a band. His career progressed, but so did his personal problems: Two relationships failed, and problems with drugs and alcohol grew.

After beating his demons, Pineda became the frontman for Filipino cover band the Zoo, which led to his discovery.

“It came from left field,” Diaz said. “He was ready to give up, settling into a life in Manila where he was singing in small bars and not getting the recognition he sought.”

In 2007, at age 40, Pineda joined Journey and recorded the album Revelations. As the band toured in 2008 and ’09 to promote the album, Diaz, who had been given unrestricted access to the band, shot film.Pineda, she said, was fortunate to have joined a band whose partying days were behind it.

“They’re trying to get this guy on the road and be successful so they can be successful,” Diaz said. “He told me once that if this had happened in his early 20s, he would have gone crazy.” But the drain on Pineda became obvious.

“The only part that I know is real is the travel,” he says in the backstage interview. “And then you feel the pressure. And before the show starts, it’s like, this is real, you know, because you feel the pressure of the expectations of thousands of people in front of you.”The film ends with a triumphant performance in Manila.

“This is a feel-good film,” Diaz said. “Really, at the end of the day, good things still happen to good people. . . . It happens more and more because of YouTube. I don’t think this story could have happened 15 years ago. “It’s a very modern Cinderella story,” she continued. “And it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.”

seven
    Participant

http://www.pinoystaronline.com/journeys-arnel-pineda-work-hard-be-patient-and-choose-wisely/
    Journey’s Arnel Pineda: “Work hard, be patient and choose wisely”
    March 11, 2013 By admin
    IRENE CURTIS

Pineda on adapting to Journey’s American ways, and vice-versa: Oh my, since my younger days, I have been a fan of American culture and music . So in a way, I didn’t have that much difficulty na mag-adapt. They’re the ones who are having a hard time now adapting to mine. Hehehehe!

ARNEL Pineda, the Filipino lead vocalist of Journey since 2007, has recently sported a new, cropped look. But apart from that, he insisted that being a Journeyman – the fame, the accolade, the money, oh yeah – has not altered the ‘Everyman’ of rock n’ roll.

“Only one thing changed whether its pre- or present Arnel we are talking about here – financial.

“The rest? I’m pretty much the same when it comes to work or my personal life,” Pineda, 45, reiterated. “I’m still like that [regular and ordinary Pinoy guy] up to now.”

According to a 2011 Forbes report, science revealed that if you want to get famous, you have to get there by the age of 30. Pineda was nearly 40 when Journey flew him to Los Angeles in to audition for the role to kill for – as the front man of a legendary rock band.

From his teen years until just before Journey came into his life, Arnel chased and persevered to achieve his rock star dreams. While his evolution from pizza joint bandista to Asian club band vocalist (and even) to a Warner Music artiste back in Manila cannot be discounted, commercial fame remained elusive.

As the years added up, for sure, he must have been plagued by heartbreaking frustration. After all, if one’s almost 40, and that dream – whatever it is – remains as far as it was when you were 16…

“Every day of my life, I was thinking like that,” Pineda concurred. “But it didn’t stop me from trying anyway.”

No, for Arnel Pineda, life is all about taking chances, uncertainties be damned.

“God gave each and everyone a special gift and task in this world, and I will use and claim mine someday – with a clean conscience.” – Arnel Pineda’s personal lifelong mantra

The rocker’s adventurous spunk and grit have brought him fame, money and a whole lotta satisfaction, but they were moulded by a life-altering loss. When Pineda’s mum passed away when Pineda was 12, the Pineda siblings – four boys – were left in relatives’ care. But as the eldest, Pineda “volunteered to strike out on his own”.

“I was not sure where he lived that time. All I know, he was all hard up and barely surviving, and still able to share some pesos from his shallow pocket. How he earned them, God knows,” his brother wrote in the rocker’s official website, arnelpinedarocks.com.

“I was young, but of course, my siblings are younger than me…” he recalled. “[Yet] although we were parting coz of poverty, never did it occurr to me nor [did it] make me feel devastated at the time.

“I took it as an adventure each one of us needed to partake… maybe to grow and become stronger… and we did.”

As reported in Pinoy Star’s April 2013 issue: “Arnel slept in Luneta Park with other homeless kids… found day jobs as a scavenger of scrap metal, bottles and newspaper for recycling shop, and as a docked ship cleaner in a Manila Bay pier. At night, he would sing for money (including at wakes) and roam Manila’s bars.”

In the website, Pineda’s brother continued: “One day our father fetched me and broke the good news that Arnel now sings for a band. And he had asked me to live with him. His place was like a bodega (small warehouse) turned into a makeshift room. There, we had as room-mates roaches, rats and mosquitoes.”

Pineda eventually convinced his younger brother to continue his studies, with kuya (older brother) financing it, of course.

“Looking back… we lost our mother and then we lost innocence at a very young age…” the Journey front man reflected on his past. “But then, we thank God, coz out of that situation came a blessing so powerful, I did not only change my life, but the lives of the people I loved the most and of those who have heard and seen us perform.”

His father’s decision to separate the family to survive helped shaped Pineda into the man he is today. “My father’s strength became my blueprint,” he said, “and the other ingredients came from the people who mentored me over the years.”

Pineda on adapting to Journey’s American ways, and vice-versa: Oh my, since my younger days, I have been a fan of American culture and music . So in a way, I didn’t have that much difficulty na mag-adapt. They’re the ones who are having a hard time now adapting to mine. Hehehehe!

A Google search disclosed that Pineda reportedly has an estimated net worth of US$15 million. What happens when the bubble bursts, PinoyStarOnline asks the singer.

“Everything is in the works now… back-up plans,” replied the part-time music bar owner and real estate investor. “I’m very realistic. I have a family to take care of.”

Speaking of family, Pineda continues to make Philippines his home despite his grueling commitments abroad. In between tours, he goes home to a spacious nest in Quezon City that he shares with his wife, Cherry, and their two kids, Cherub, 8, and the new apple of his eyes, 9-month-old baby Thea. Pineda is also dad to Matt, 24, and Angelo, 15 – his sons from previous relationships.

The Journey singer’s demanding schedule – the intercontinental tours, recording, press and marketing obligations –must surely eat into his quality time with his family and kids.

“It’s tough,” conceded the rock star dad, “but I’m trying the best I can and using the most of what’s available [in terms of time].”

He said that he met people who helped him get off the streets when he was 15. As payback, the rocker created the Arnel Pineda Foundation Inc. (AFPI) which started off with medical-dental missions and donations to poor communities. It plans to launch a mobile education project, akin to CNNs 2009 Hero of the Year Efren Peñaflorida’s project. He who once needed and received help from strangers, is now bent on giving care and help to those who need it the most.

In closing, Pineda shares a few words of wisdom for all the ‘dreamers’ out there who are on the verge of giving up.

“Work hard, be patient and believe in yourself no matter what other people say. Go to people who will help fulfill your dreams, and who will not destroy them.

Lastly, choose wisely.”

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  seven.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  seven.

seven
    Participant

http://asiapacificarts.usc.edu/w_apa/showarticle.aspx?articleID=18568&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
    Documentary Gold: Arnel Pineda’s First Year as Lead Singer of Journey

Ramona Diaz’s latest documentary Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey chronicles Arnel Pineda’s rise from unknown talent in the Philippines to lead singer of Journey – the classic underdog story she couldn’t believe no one else wanted to make.
    by Ada Tseng
    Date Published: 12/20/2012

In the opening shots of Ramona Diaz’s documentary, Arnel Pineda is returning to the Philippines in 2008 for the first time after performing a successful tour with one of the biggest bands in the United States. After being greeted with much fanfare at the airport and meeting Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, the president of the Philippines at the time, Pineda decides he wants to visit his elementary school, down the street from his old house. As Pineda walks over, a crowd of children start following him, and he happily poses for photos. But when he meets the principal in her office, she is stiff and unimpressed.

What’s the name of your band?

Journey, Arnel Pineda replies, politely.

What’s your name again?

“I always knew that was the opening,” says director Ramona Diaz, laughing at the oblivious principal who is not sure why her day is being interrupted. “I was like, ‘Arnel, why do you want to go to school? You were never a school guy. You never even graduated.’ But he wanted to see the kids there, so I said, ‘OK. We’ll do whatever you want.'”

A year earlier, in December of 2007, Journey announced that they had found a new lead singer. As legend has it, Arnel Pineda was discovered after Neal Schon saw a YouTube video of Pineda performing a cover of “Faithfully” with his band The Zoo.

At the time, Journey band members Schon, Jonathan Cain, Deen Castronovo, and Ross Valory were itching to go on tour again, but they didn’t have a lead singer. It was just months after the 2007 series finale of The Sopranos ended with “Don’t Stop Believin'” playing in the background, reminding America of the hit-making rock band who reached their height of success in the ‘80s but has never quite gone away because of beloved Soft Rock radio stations across the country. It had been a decade since Steve Perry, the quintessential voice of Journey, left the band. Two replacement lead singers, Steve Augeri and Jeff Scott Soto, had come and gone. The band was close to giving up, until Neal heard Pineda’s voice online and convinced his bandmates to fly this unknown Filipino singer out for an audition.

“That’s Neal,” says Diaz. “Neal is the artist. He recognizes a good voice, and he will go for it. He didn’t care where he was from. The others were more cautious: Does he speak English? Neal was like, ‘We’ll teach him English.'” Diaz laughs. “Really?”

Diaz first heard about Pineda’s story from a funny email that had gone viral within the Filipino American community. An immigration officer had described his encounter with Arnel Pineda, who was applying for a visa to go to the US. When asked his reason for the visa, Pineda told him he was going to audition for the band Journey. The immigration officer, understandably, didn’t believe him — that is, until he made Pineda sing a Journey song to the entire office to prove it.

“I thought, ‘What a great story. Someone should do it,'” recalls Diaz, the documentarian behind 2003’s Imelda and 2011’sThe Learning. “And my manager said, ‘You should do it.’ I had always told myself I was never going to do a documentary that involved [mainstream] music. It’s so expensive, the rights are really tough to clear, and they’re probably going to be difficult characters. But one thing led to another. At first the band was reluctant, and they kept saying, ‘Next year.’ And I said, ‘No, it’s gotta be this year, his first year on tour. Next year, it’s a different story.'”

Unconvinced, the band invited Diaz and her two-person crew to film for one day. She had to cut together a sample video and prove to the band that there was a potential film to be made.

“It could’ve been really quick,” says Diaz. “Arnel could have been really boring. Plus, I also wanted to know that he was onboard. I didn’t want him to feel pressured to do the documentary. It’s his biggest gig, right? I didn’t want to disturb him.”

However, Pineda turned out to be what Diaz calls “documentary gold.” Energetic and expressive, Pineda was endearingly bewildered by this fairy tale life he’s living. (“I’m not even cute!” he exclaims. “I’m short. I’m so Asian. It looks like they just edited me in with Photoshop.”)

He openly shared the anxiety he felt being thrown into this rock ‘n roll circus. (Before his debut concert in front of 18,000 people in Chile, he remembers feeling vertigo right before he was about to take the stage and turning to Neal to ask, “Neal, can I just go home?”) And Pineda had even saved video of his original audition for Journey, which he had filmed thinking that this opportunity would never go anywhere. He just wanted to have a memento to show his children that he had once met Journey.

Not only was Pineda a charismatic character in front of the camera, he had a heartbreaking history. His mother had passed away when he was 13. As a homeless kid in the Philippines, he remembers going to sing at burials, because afterward, mourners would give him some biscuits to eat. He struggled to take care of his younger brothers and sisters, before learning he could make some money singing for local bands.

“It was the easiest thing to cut,” remembers Diaz. “It really just fell into place. It was Arnel’s story, weaved with a lot of music. The music is very powerful. Even if you don’t like Journey, the music still triggers some kind of memory. Within 24 hours [of seeing the edit,] the band got back to me and ‘Come onboard.'”

The documentary follows Arnel’s first year adjusting to being part of Journey: the pressures of performing in front of 80,000 people every night, the Steve Perry devotees who are eager to hate him (“I’m also a big fan of Perry,” he says. “From where they’re coming from, I understand.”), the critics who think Journey is just capitalizing on their heyday with a cover singer, and the realization that he can’t make it too much his own, because fans have a specific expectation of how the songs should be sung. But gradually, we see Pineda gaining confidence — jumping around onstage (“He jumps like he’s 25,” Diaz jokes) and throwing in bits of banter in Tagalog, especially as he started seeing more and more Filipino fans pop out of nowhere in middle America.

“That was totally unexpected,” says Diaz. “They’re not Journey fans; they’re Arnel fans. There was a group of women who would pop up in the most unlikely places, always with a banner.” Diaz laughs. “It caught the band by surprise as well. Neal says it in the film: ‘Who knew there were so many Filipinos here?’ And of course, I was like, ‘Neal, you live in California. You didn’t think there were Filipinos in this country?’ But you know, they live in a bubble. These are white guys who rock and roll. They had no idea.”

When asked what surprised her most during the making of the film, Diaz talks about how supportive the band was of Arnel from the very beginning. There was little conflict, especially when they realized things were clicking. Despite the long stints away from his family, inevitable sickness, and strains on his voice, Pineda never complained. The band also recognized that Pineda’s presence had given them a new beginning — bringing an international appeal to their all-American band and attracting a new generation of fans.

“This is a band that’s been on tour for a very long time,” Diaz explains. “It’s such a well-oiled machine. Their shows are very strict. They perform; they go home. It’s not like the Stones with drama at every turn. The drama’s over. It’s big business.”

Because of this, there is a maturity to this documentary about the crazy rock ‘n roll life. Pineda, as a storyteller, has the wisdom to understand the importance of health over success, to understand that giving into his vices on tour would leave him without a family to come home to after the circus is over. This coming from someone who knows what it’s like to not have a home.

Diaz recalls a line in the documentary that was eventually cut out for time: “Ross [Valery] said, ‘Arnel has lived the rock ‘n roll life without the money.’ And it’s true, because he’s been around. He’s been a rocker, he had the women, he had the drugs — all that without the money. At one point, Arnel said, ‘If this happened to me when I was 21, I’d be in trouble.’ But because he was 40 [when he got the gig,] he had seen it. He knows that it’s a job.”

The film’s finale shows Journey performing in the Philippines for the first time in 2009.

“Believe it or not, when we submitted the sample , I wrote, ‘The crew will follow Arnel’s first year in the tour culminating in a concert in Manila,'” says Diaz. “I had no idea if they were going to go to Manila, but I thought, how cool if they go back to Manila? And now [their manager] John Barack always says, ‘We went to Manila because of you.'”

While there are snippets of Pineda’s voice throughout the documentary — everything from “Open Arms,” “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)” to “Lights” (but usually his go-to song “Faithfully”) — the film does not showcase an extended concert performance until Pineda sings “Don’t Stop Believin'” to a screaming audience in Manila.

“You don’t have to school the fans in the Philippines about Journey,” says Diaz. “They know Journey. But see, it’s a double whammy, because Arnel fans are obsessive over Arnel, and Journey fans are obsessive over Journey, so they come at you from both sides.”

Despite the intense interest from the fans, Diaz’s entire documentary process remained a bare-bones production, where the filmmakers were forced to throw caution into the wind, jump on tour buses at a moment’s notice, rely on friends who were wiling to help just because it was a cool gig, and forge forward without the funding safety net that they’re used to.

“It’s my most mainstream film, but it’s the film for which I’ve had to most difficulty raising money, and I don’t know why,” says Diaz.

Despite any challenges, the film had a successful premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival, before screening at Silverdocs, the San Francisco International Film Festival, the Philadelphia Film Festival, and the San Diego Asian Film Festival, where they had to add two separate screenings because the demand was so high.

eb2008
    eb2008
    Participant

HalfofaDuo ‏@HalfofaDuo 5m
    Watching doc dontstopbelievin’:everyman’s journey on @PBS via @IndependentLens. Great story. Kudos to @arnelpineda and @JourneyOfficial

JenaIsle
    JenaIsle
    Participant

Hello Guys,

The DVD was amazing..I have already watched it 4 times and will watch it again. Thanks @coley716 http://jenaisleonline.com/2013/10/06/i-won-a-dvd-of-dont-stop-believin-everymans-journey-from-arnel-pinedas-website-and-the-dvd-is-one-precious-gem-here-are-my-3-favorite-scenes/

Thanks..thanks..thanks… :ap_number1:

:ap_yeah:

eb2008
    eb2008
    Participant

Counting down 2 hours to our #presslaunch! Tickets will go on sale tonight at 8PM through www.reelasian.com #RA2013 #reelasian #DontStopBelievin #EverymansJourney #Journey #asiancinema #yyz

Reel Asian Film Fest ‏@reelasian 14h
    Counting down 2 hours to our #presslaunch! Tickets will go on sale tonight at 8PM through… http://instagram.com/p/fOE2cfhpon/

Finally, Toronto peeps will get the chance to watch this amazing movie in theater. Date set and will give you update. Rock on :ap_smile:

eb2008
    eb2008
    Participant

http://www.reelasian.com/index.php/component/ohanah/dont-stop-believin-everymans-journey

When American band Journey went in search of a new lead singer, they happened upon YouTube clips of a Filipino singer with a voice of gold, belting out cover tunes in an obscure Manila bar. A modern day rags-to-riches tale.

USA 2013 | 113:00 | English | Rated PG | Canadian Premiere | BUY TICKETS

Arnelrocks
    Arnelrocks
    Participant

yaaay Evelyn!!!! Enjoy!!

eb2008
    eb2008
    Participant

yes kimmy so excited. thanks, miss you guys! wish you can watch with us

eb2008
    eb2008
    Participant

Eb2008 ‏@eb2008to
    Check DON’T STOP BELIEVIN’: EVERYMAN’S JOURNEY (PG) Dir: Ramona S. Diaz – USA 2012 – 115min @ The Royal http://www.ticketweb.ca/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3816934&REFERRAL_ID=twtweet … via@ticketweb

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by eb2008 eb2008.
    coley716
    coley716

Lemme know if any of the winner’s names look familiar. :ap_airnel:

JenaIsle
    JenaIsle
    Participant

CONGRATS, @fabbest, way to go! :ap_thumbsup:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.