Home | Forums | Site Support | Ask the Moderators

This topic contains 66 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  VivLuvsJrny4ever 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

That’s a profound story. I know you’re a huge APFI supporter, and I understand better now. I made the APFI website, and I need to update some widgets in there! That will be on my to-do list.

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

Thanks for working on the APFI website.

When I only look at the “AP” logo and compare it to the previous Tattoo logo, I think that the tattoo logo represents Arnel more. He’s not just a rock star.There’s more to him. However, when I consider all the elements of the website pages (background colors, graphics, etc.), the new “AP” logo does work well. It stands out. It pops. It works.
    :ap_thumbsup:

rahly
    Participant

Hi, Fabb!

Great work on the header.. Like JM, at first I wasn’t sure about the new logo but I noticed you revised it a bit and now it works for me.  The original logo is great too. It represents Arnel the person more I guess but the new logo represents Arnel, the rock star.  So I guess both works.  

Since newcomers to the site know him first as a rock star, I guess the rock star logo will give the rock star feel to the site.    The red back ground for the photos header gave the contrast to the logo and his name so they pop out.  🙂 And did I say the pics are great? 🙂

Anyway, I still cannot post comments in the forum. Sigh. So I’ll just lurk as I usually do..

Thanks again for the effort you give to make the site better and better. I’m sure everyone appreciates it.

Mwah!

Sigewulf
    Participant

Many folks still have the old forums bookmarked. As you can still log in there, I wonder how many people are trying to actually post there also, not realizing it’s read only now? Is there a way to redirect to here when people log in over there?

rahly
    Participant

Hi Fabb! It’s me again.  The AP emoticons do not appear in my posts. A question mark in a blue box appears instead. I’m on an ipad mini. Is anyone having the same problem?
    I have a suggestion. See if it makes sense… Can we put all the past show recaps under FORUM? So under FORUM, we can have – Private-members only, Private-transcripts, General Discussion, website stuff, Arnel the artist, Arnel offstage, Arnel onstage. We can put the show recaps under Arnel onstage. i love the overall look of the new site.  It is more visually exciting with all the pictures,etc. I love the photos section. 🙂 I just thought maybe the Disqus part wherein the comments, videos, tweets, etc are placed confuses people. Well, it confused me..lol! It has it’s advantage..people can reply to a comment. But sometimes, it’s hard to see the newest post when you are in the recap. By placing the recaps in the forum, under Arnel Onstage, it is easier to see the videos, tweets, etc. without scanning the comments part of Disqus.  Please see Lou’s post “Journey Live in Singapore” under General Discussions in the Forums As an example.  It is very similar to what we had in the old site. Again, this is only a suggestion. I do not have the knowhow to help you with it. I leave it to your very capable hands..hehe. Just want to help and let you know how a technology-challenge being (me! Lol!) sometimes have a hard time adjusting. Haha! But if my suggestion is not possible, it’s ok…I’m still gonna stick around.. 🙂 thanks for your patience and dedication. We love you! Hugs! Mwah!

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Hi Rah,
    Your emoticons are showing. I’m glad you worked out the kinks on iPad/Disqus. I need to be honest about the old forum and downsizing to the current one: day in and day out, a handful of people hunted for treasures to get 5,000 updated with the latest and greatest, while generating few replies or as much as an acknowledgement. If moderators stop posting to allow others or they are just plain discouraged, there was no point. It was apparent that while visits stayed consistent, and the site has kept its leading position in search results since its inception, the forum (only the forum format) was overkill for the site.

Initially, a forum was to be scrapped altogether but there needs to be a section for matters such as the transcripts, official messages from AP, planning meet-ups, support, and just a hangout. Allowing comments on shows themselves opens it up to those who have never and will never visit, much less post in a forum.

Every mention of “lurking instead” is a stab in heart, haha but I truly appreciate you trying (and succeeding!). At the end of the day, AP is the winner; it has never and will never be about me, the moderators, the site or any one thing. Through the years we have lost signs of interest for so many varied reasons, and site format is the least of them. I am confident that if we move along with the times, including “riding the tails” of the behemoths of social networking that take over our lives (i.e., authenticate through other accounts), we’ll be okay.

We know tons lurk, the site stats prove that. While participation is not a stipulation of AP loyalty, a the world outside our fan circle will infer continual, original, selfless support for the wokstah in means other than clicking on a like button.

Rah, I will do everything I can to help you fix your issues.

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Many folks still have the old forums bookmarked. As you can still log in there, I wonder how many people are trying to actually post there also, not realizing it’s read only now? Is there a way to redirect to here when people log in over there?

Good idea. I’ll put it in my to-do list to first make sure all LOGIN forms are gone, and redirect the login link.

rahly
    Participant

Initially, a forum was to be scrapped altogether but there needs to be a section for matters such as the transcripts, official messages from AP, planning meet-ups, support, and just a hangout. Allowing comments on shows themselves opens it up to those who have never and will never visit, much less post in a forum.

Fabb! Don’t you dare remove the forums…I live there! 
    Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate your efforts knowing you are busy with life like the rest of the plokker world…hehe. (How do you do the quote thingy? )  now that you explained that having the Disqus comment thingy helps in the site traffic, I’m ok with it.  Again, what I previously wrote was a suggestion so if you know what’s best for the site and ultimately for Arnel, just go with it. We are all here to support him. 
    I just need to feel comfy with the new format, I guess.   I hope you don’t mind if i keep on suggesting if I think or observe something.  I don’t want to seem like I’m complaining because I’m not.  it’s great to have moderators who listen and explain to the rest of us why we can’t have everything we want..hahaha. Really, truly appreciate it..Mods, please don’t be discouraged by plokkers like me! I promise to be good! Lol! 

Toni
    Really, truly appreciate it..Mods, please don’t be discouraged by plokkers like me! I promise to be good! Lol!

Discouraged?  Nah, I don’t think we have that word in our Mod dictionary, lol!!

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

Fabb, I’ve been trying to PM Toni but I get “You have exceeded the limit of mailbox. Please delete some messages before sending another.” I’ve deleted all the PMs but still get the same notice so I’m not able to send any PMs.

Toni, I just need info on where to mail the donation for APFI. Is it still the same address as Oct/Nov 2012?

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

I’ve raised the limit for PMs, thanks!

Toni

Yes, JM- and thanks!!

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

Thanks Fabb and Toni. PM’s work now. 🙂

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Last night, volunteer caretaker Michelle Rogers posted on APFI’s FB the US address for check donations. We can also see it here:
    http://arnelpineda.org/give/donate

wave63
    Participant

Hello Fabb,there are some interesting articles from the books section of Google about AP/Journey,a lot of them are from Billboard magazines which is an awesome addition to Arnel’s achievements,unfortunately I don’t know how to post such page.I wonder if you may or anyone can :ap_hug: much thanks to you and for this site always :ap_airnel: :ap_smooch:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.