Home | Forums | Site Support | Ask the Moderators

This topic contains 66 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  VivLuvsJrny4ever 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Thanks for testing, Sigewulf, saw your SB post.

rahly
    Participant

Hello! Just testing.. 

Clarissa
    Clarissa
    Participant

Hey, Fabb. Loved the overall look of the site BUT I  miss the old forum format. Is there a way to adapt the same format here where in one  page you see all the topics/posts? I notice the decline in replies or posts to all discussions including postings about the shows. I don’t know about the others but I find the new forum a bit “detached” somehow?

Again , loved the overall look of the site and  you’re doing a phenomenal job. It’s only the forum section I’m not crazy about. Sorry if I sound like I’m complaining. Just a thought how I really feel about the forum.

Ack , sorry about my paragraphs looking hideous. I tried to edit my post and I just gave up .:(

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

In the beginning, I really missed the old forum. But now, not as much. I like that I don’t have to log-in in order to comment. (I only log in when I use the forum or chat. ) I like even better that every time I click, there’s a donation to APFI.

Fabb continues to update/upgrade the site. Everytime I visit, there’s always something new. This morning I was commenting in the Singapore page. And then, I just happenned to go back to the HOME page. I got a good laugh when I saw my comments pop under Latest New Comments. It’s a good thing that I didn’t write anything naughty. See photo below.

I know Fabb still has a lot on her To Do list. She has more surprises for us. I’m excited to see what other bells and whistles she’s got. In the meantime, I’m click-happy.

photo 2835b44c-4d62-4e3e-9fef-c4a91ef59739_zps16fe943a.jpg

Note to Fabb: you may want to change the code here just in case someone posts a naughty comment or has a naughty avatar. Instead of posting the comment/avatar, post the text “JMThoughts just commented in Journey in Singapore.” Just an example.

coley716
    coley716

Hey, Fabb. Loved the overall look of the site BUT I miss the old forum format. Is there a way to adapt the same format here where in one page you see all the topics/posts? I notice the decline in replies or posts to all discussions including postings about the shows. I don’t know about the others but I find the new forum a bit “detached” somehow? Again , loved the overall look of the site and you’re doing a phenomenal job. It’s only the forum section I’m not crazy about. Sorry if I sound like I’m complaining. Just a thought how I really feel about the forum. Ack , sorry about my paragraphs looking hideous. I tried to edit my post and I just gave up .:(“

Hey Clarissa.  This forum was changed up a little bit mainly due to the lack of participation in the old forum.  Now the most current information will be posted to the main page and any additional tidbits will be posted in the forum.  I know there is a decline in postings as some of the older plokkers still learn to navigate their way around the site.  I promise you that it will get easier once you play with it some more.

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

I was just at the Singapore Photo Gallery. Lots of very good pics. :yipee:

As I clicked through the photos, I had this urge to comment but couldn’t do so. It would be great if we can comment on the individual photos in the photo gallery.

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

As of now, there’s no means of enabling individual photo commenting without installing a different style gallery (without the fancybox) then adding the capability to comment via another plugin. I am not sure it’s worth dropping the style and coding in modifications to allow a comment here and there for standout photos. What you did in bringing the pics to the Singapore page is perfect – thanks for that! Similar to the old forum where we posted all the photos or a link to the photos,  then just included a couple in our replies.

On another note, someone pointed out that if we entered “journey Singapore”, the site is on the first page of results. I noticed that, and also for other shows.

sheree6778
    Participant

Is there a delay in posting a comment to an article?  I just posted a comment to the The True Story of Arnel Pineda’s…   story and while it looks as though 3 comment were posted, only the 2 previous comments are showing.  Just dont want to keep posting the same comment

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

Fabbest wrote:As of now, there’s no means of enabling individual photo commenting without installing a different style gallery (without the fancybox) then adding the capability to comment via another plugin. I am not sure it’s worth dropping the style and coding in modifications to allow a comment here and there for standout photos. What you did in bringing the pics to the Singapore page is perfect – thanks for that! Similar to the old forum where we posted all the photos or a link to the photos,  then just included a couple in our replies.
    On another note, someone pointed out that if we entered “journey Singapore”, the site is on the first page of results. I noticed that, and also for other shows.

Thanks Fabbest.

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Is there a delay in posting a comment to an article? I just posted a comment to the The True Story of Arnel Pineda’s… story and while it looks as though 3 comment were posted, only the 2 previous comments are showing. Just dont want to keep posting the same comment

Yes, there’s a little bit of a delay on when it’s displayed on the main page widget box. But the comment itself should show up on the actual page right away. Thanks for the comments, Sheree – I enjoy them a lot!

rahly
    Participant

Hi Fabb! is there a way I can post a comment in the forum so I can have the same name there (rahly)? I’m trying to register as rahly but I don’t know why I can’t sign in as rahly using disqus.

I don’t have much time to really figure out the site yet and I thank you for posting the vids or me. 🙂  thanks for your patience… 

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Hi Rah,

This is the forum, but I know what you mean: Disqus at the home page and show threads. Check the inbox of the email you signed up with at Disqus. Your account is pending on confirmation signup, I think:

http://disqus.com/rahly/

I understand about lack of time. So thanks for visiting and sorry about that. AP posts with Disqus (when he’s not busy…lol) so let’s keep using it.

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

Is there any news regarding Arnel’s foundation (APFI)? Any special projects, medical missions going on? There wasn’t a tab/link from here, then it got fixed, and then it’s gone again. Just wondering…

Regarding the new “AP” logo, it looks metallic, cold and detached, too computer-generated. It just doesn’t represent Arnel to me.

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

The link is back; was moving menu labels around and disabled it accidentally. Thanks for pointing it out. I buffed up the rock singer’s logo.

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

Fabbest wrote:The link is back; was moving menu labels around and disabled it accidentally. Thanks for pointing it out. I buffed up the rock singer’s logo.

Thanks Fabbest. I’ll tell you why APFI is important to me. I took swimming lessons at a YMCA in the Philippines. I think it was in Manila. After the lesson, I’d be so hungry so my Yaya always brought a snack. One day, while we were waiting for a bus, this little girl whom I didn’t know kept staring at me. Just staring. Finally the bus came, Yaya and I got on the bus, the little girl didn’t. It was on the bus that I realized that she wasn’t staring at me, she was staring at my sandwich. She was hungry. It is in remembrance of her that I give to APFI.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.