Home | Forums | Site Support | Ask the Moderators

This topic contains 66 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  VivLuvsJrny4ever 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

eb2008: Where do we post now if we find some juicy AP tidbits? videos?

If there’s no post on the site (outside the forum) that it can go under in a comment – for example a show – then just put it in the “Found” thread. One of us will create a post about it, with credit to you as author.

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

Is there going to be a tab/link to Arnel’s foundation? (It’s probably on your To Do list already.)

lou
    lou
    Participant

Hellllp!

How will I create a private message for a member? I tried clicking on the “inbox” hoping there will be links that will lead me to it.

Thanks!

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

JM: Yes. Thanks.
    Lou: Click Inbox. Look to the left. Hover with your mouse on Messages.

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

In SHOWS, future concerts are shown first. To view the videos, tweets, photos, comments, etc., from previous shows, one would have to scroll down to Past Shows? What do you think about putting past and upcoming shows side by side?

In HOME page, there’s easy access to Upcoming Shows but none to the most recent shows, what do you think about adding topics/links about the most recent shows in The Latest since the most recent shows are some of the latest news. Something as simple as “Journey Triumphs in Budokan, Tokyo, Japan, March 11…Read more”.

At the old site we had View Active Topics, do we have something similar here in the new site? Right now, to see if anyone’s added new videos, photos, etc., I’m having to look at each of the show pages.

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

I actually modified the code to allow linking to past shows. Logically, upcoming should go on top, because it’s what people will probably look for first, where they can see AP next. Good idea about side by side, but full width wouldn’t be able to accommodate them, because each section has a few columns.

I’ll see if there’s a way to link to the latest show with all the comments, tweets, pics. Good idea.

I have a plugin installed for latest posts. I’ll test and enable it if it.

Thanks for your suggestions!

lou
    lou
    Participant

Fabbest wrote:
    JM: Yes. Thanks.
    Lou: Click Inbox. Look to the left. Hover with your mouse on Messages.

Thank you Fabb! I know now.

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Where do we post now if we find some juicy AP tidbits? videos?

On the dedicated show pages if they belong, or on a related article. Outside the forum, as much as possible – to encourage engagement. Anywhere it fits, basically! If it’s unique, post in forum, doesn’t matter where – we’ll copy it over. Thanks so much! We need juicy tidbits!

rahly
    Participant

Hi Fabb!

Just want to ask if there’s a way for people who are not yet members to see the topics under the private forum. Of course they cannot read the details.  I was just thinking if they knew they are missing a lot, they would sign in..heheh! It worked for me! Or at least there can be a header “private forum. Please log in”  it took me a while before I signed in in the old site..I signed in because I cannot read the transcripts..lol! But I didn’t know there were transcripts..just found out during a chat. Had I known I was missing a lot, I would have signed in way earlier. Haha.

Also, it wouldn’t hurt to have a pic of Arnel at the header when we are browsing under “chat”, etc.  When I’m using my iPhone , the logo takes most of my screen..which is ok but a nice pic is better..lol!

Thanks for all you do! These are just suggestions. the site is great.. Just want to contribute even by suggesting.

Mwah!

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

Fabbest wrote:
    I actually modified the code to allow linking to past shows. Logically, upcoming should go on top, because it’s what people will probably look for first, where they can see AP next. Good idea about side by side, but full width wouldn’t be able to accommodate them, because each section has a few columns. I’ll see if there’s a way to link to the latest show with all the comments, tweets, pics. Good idea. I have a plugin installed for latest posts. I’ll test and enable it if it.
    Thanks for your suggestions!

Thanks for looking into it. Here’s another idea: mouse-over the SHOWS tab to get a drop-down of “Recent” and “Upcoming.”

This morning I wanted to see if there were videos from Singapore. First, I went to HOME. Of course, since it’s a past event, it’s no longer in Tour Schedule. Then, I did a SEARCH for “Singapore” and I got 2 results: (1) The Unexpurgated interview with Journey’s Neal Schon and (2) A public Q & A with Journey Movie Makers. Finally, I went to SHOWS and scrolled down.  Someone who’s not familiar with the site might not know to scroll down the page to get to Past Shows.

Here’s a thumbs-up: I googled “Arnel Pineda in Singapore” and the first result was Journey in Singapore | Arnel Pineda Official Website

sheree6778
    Participant

Fabb, is there any way to make chatbox outlines any darker.  I dont know about anyone else, but Im having a hard time finding where to type my questions/comments?

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Hi Fabb!

Just want to ask if there’s a way for people who are not yet members to see the topics under the private forum. Of course they cannot read the details. I was just thinking if they knew they are missing a lot, they would sign in..heheh! It worked for me! Or at least there can be a header “private forum. Please log in” it took me a while before I signed in in the old site..I signed in because I cannot read the transcripts..lol! But I didn’t know there were transcripts..just found out during a chat. Had I known I was missing a lot, I would have signed in way earlier. Haha.

Also, it wouldn’t hurt to have a pic of Arnel at the header when we are browsing under “chat”, etc. When I’m using my iPhone , the logo takes most of my screen..which is ok but a nice pic is better..lol!

Thanks for all you do! These are just suggestions. the site is great.. Just want to contribute even by suggesting.

Mwah!

I actually have it saying “Please login to see more topics”. The private stuff is pretty much for transcripts, I’ll note that somewhere. Yeah, the responsive nature of the site is such a way that the logo is on top; I can’t change it unfortunately. Unless we make AP’s head the logo…lol. That would be too creepy! A floating AP head. Hah! I’ll see if I can change the background graphic to an AP pic that will show his face behind the logo. It’s gotta be exact, though. I’ll play with it. Yes, please keep the suggestions coming. Love it!

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Fabb, is there any way to make chatbox outlines any darker. I dont know about anyone else, but Im having a hard time finding where to type my questions/comments?

OK, I’ve changed the border to blue and increased the height of the text input box. Thanks for the suggestion Sheree!

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

If I were a new visitor to the site, I would not know that there’s a treasure trove of videos, photos, articles/reviews, etc. from Arnel’s 2013 tour with Journey in the individual Past Show pages. How do we easily find and get to the individual Past Show page(s)?

These are just my thoughts, suggestions:

1. Fix the SEARCH function to search the contents of the individual Past Show pages. I noticed that SEARCH is only available in HOME. If you can have a SEARCH in all the site’s pages, it would be helpful.

2. In the bottom of the HOME and other pages, in between Arnel’s Tweets and Arnel’s Message, we have Recent, Popular, and Comments. Fix them to include contents from the Show Pages.

3. Add text/graphic navigational aids to direct visitors to the individual Past Show pages. Fabb, your adding “More from the latest show” in HOME easily directed me to the Singapore page.

4. When I see “The Latest” in HOME, I think “what’s the latest with Arnel?” His recent shows are the latest. Write an article and a catchy title about the recent show and then link to the particular show page.

Okay, I’m done. I’m telling myself to shut-up now.

Sigewulf
    Participant

test.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.