Home | Forums | Site Support | Ask the Moderators

This topic contains 66 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  VivLuvsJrny4ever 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Got a question? Ask away; we’ll try our best to help. :ap_thumbsup:

Che@SiNewsOnTheNet
    Che@SiNewsOnTheNet
    Participant

Can I change my username in this new site? How?

celadonia
    celadonia
    Participant

Hi fabb,

After visting  the archives how do I get back here?

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

Where is PREVIEW? I’d like to try the HTML tags and attributes and would like to see how the post looks before SUBMIT.

Also, if we wanted to quote a particular post, how do we do that? I don’t see a QUOTE button.

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

Testing EDIT button.  I scrolled down to see EDIT with blue background. Click and I found a PREVIEW CHANGES button on right, but it led to nowhere.

But now how do I delete the post? EDIT doesn’t allow delete.

rahly
    Participant

Hmmmm..how do I go to the archives? I can’t find a button or topic to click.

Also, how come emoticons do not show when I click them? I’m using an ipad. I haven’t tried logging in through my computer. Thanks fabb!

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Clarissamia: Can I change my username in this new site? How? After visting  the archives how do I get back here?

Yep, Goomz – sent you a PM. You’ll see a link to your inbox on the main page. The Archives (old forum) menu up top, when clicked, opens to a new window or tab. It does not close this one.

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

JMThoughts: Where is PREVIEW? I’d like to try the HTML tags and attributes and would like to see how the post looks before SUBMIT.

Also, if we wanted to quote a particular post, how do we do that? I don’t see a QUOTE button.

There’s no preview feature per se. I looked for a plugin, but it’s buggy and not being maintained. I’ll add one as soon as a stable one is released. The VISUAL tab up top is the closest to a preview mode that we can use in the meantime.

Quote: It’s on the tool panel, but to make it easier I installed a plugin. Make sure you are on the TEXT tab. Highlight the text you want to quote and click the QUOTE button.

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

JMThoughts: Testing EDIT button.  I scrolled down to see EDIT with blue background. Click and I found a PREVIEW CHANGES button on right, but it led to nowhere.

Do you still see the blue edit button? That’s to edit the PAGE itself, where this forum resides. But it should NOT be showing. :hmmm:

Delete a post: Technically can’t; but just edit, erase everything and we’ll take care with the deleting.

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

rahly: Hmmmm..how do I go to the archives? I can’t find a button or topic to click.

Also, how come emoticons do not show when I click them? I’m using an ipad. I haven’t tried logging in through my computer. Thanks fabb!

Good point, Rah! I will make a direct link to Archives for mobile devices. Helps when I know you’re on the mobile version. Not sure about your emoticons, but they show fine on my iPad and iPhone. I’ll give you a list of text-based codes if they still don’t work.

JMThoughts
    JMThoughts
    Participant

Fabbest: JMThoughts: Where is PREVIEW? I’d like to try the HTML tags and attributes and would like to see how the post looks before SUBMIT.

There’s no preview feature per se. I looked for a plugin, but it’s buggy and not being maintained. I’ll add one as soon as a stable one is released. The VISUAL tab up top is the closest to a preview mode that we can use in the meantime.

Quote: It’s on the tool panel, but to make it easier I installed a plugin. Make sure you are on the TEXT tab. Highlight the text you want to quote and click the QUOTE button.

Fabbest: JMThoughts: Testing EDIT button.  I scrolled down to see EDIT with blue background. Click and I found a PREVIEW CHANGES button on right, but it led to nowhere.

Do you still see the blue edit button? That’s to edit the PAGE itself, where this forum resides. But it should NOT be showing.

Delete a post: Technically can’t; but just edit, erase everything and we’ll take care with the deleting.

Thanks Fabb. Re QUOTE, the key for me was making sure that I was in the TEXT tab.  Re Blue EDIT button, it’s still there. I’ll  PrtSreen and post pics.

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

JM, I sent you a PM but thought I’d follow up here. I tested the EDIT button and it does bring you to the edit page for the particular reply, but on your dashboard where your profile and your inbox is. Clicking on UPDATE on the right after you edit updates the post. When you click on View Topic above the editing window, it brings you back here.

Clarissa
    Clarissa
    Participant

Clarissamia: Can I change my username in this new site? How? After visting  the archives how do I get back here?

Yep, Goomz – sent you a PM. You’ll see a link to your inbox on the main page. The Archives (old forum) menu up top, when clicked, opens to a new window or tab. It does not close this one.

-Umm , Fabb that wasn’t me.

eb2008
    eb2008
    Participant

Where do we post now if we find some juicy AP tidbits? videos?

Fabbest
    Fabbest
    Keymaster

Clarissa: Clarissamia: Can I change my username in this new site? How? After visting  the archives how do I get back here?

-Umm , Fabb that wasn’t me.

I realized it afterwards. :rofl:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.